Do you have a tooth that is broken or cracked? Does your tooth seem to be damaged beyond what a filling can repair? If so, our dentist may recommend a dental crown to restore your smile’s health, functionality, and beauty. A crown, sometimes called a cap, is a dental restoration designed to fit over the entire crown of the tooth, or the portion that is visible above the gums. By completely encasing the damaged tooth, the restoration returns the tooth to its ideal structure, size, and shape. Crowns are very versatile restorations and can be used to:
- Repair a significantly damaged or decayed tooth
- Strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
- Improve the appearance and functionality of a misshapen tooth
- Protect a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Enhance the beauty of a severely stained or discolored tooth
Dr. Francisco Kim will make certain that your custom-made crown fits precisely to effectively restore the tooth and aesthetically enhance your smile. Because dental caps can be made from a number of materials, we can help you choose the one that best meets your individual dental needs and desires. We invite you to contact us today at Artistry Dental to learn more about how a dental crown in Anaheim, California, can improve your smile. We are committed to restoring your smile to optimal health and beauty!